Friday, September 18, 2009

REDFIELD'S MAKE-UP MORGUE

The art of make-up, on stage and film, has always fascinated me, and has always been part of my actor's tool box, ever since my Dad made me up one Hallowe'en long ago using a box of watercolor paints so my cowboy could have a five o'clock shadow and a pencil mustache.

I've found a ton of photos of make-ups I've done over the years; and then there are all the professional make-ups done on me by wonderful artists working in film and TV.

So I've planned a number of stories for the NOTEBOOK labelled Redfield's Make-Up Morgue where I'll post photos, tips and techniques, photos of great make-ups, reviews of books, and interviews with professional make-up and FX artists working today.

Hallowe'en is coming up. Seems like October will be a good month to start posting some of these stories!

-Mark Redfield September 18, 2009

3 comments:

  1. What are you going to be this Hallow's Eve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer--what am I going to be this Hallow's Eve? Well--you've actually triggered the idea for a story "Why I Don't Do Hallowe'en"!

    It all goes back to a dreadful day back in the '80's, when, starting at about 9:30 in the morning, I had a parade of friends come through the house who had asked if I could do their make-ups. I wasn't finished until about 10pm that night. Ever since then...

    Max: hope you like the future posts and pics, and thanks for being a loyal reader!

    ReplyDelete