Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NOVEMBER'S FILM: 'COLD HARBOR'


Tom Brandau's debut feature COLD HARBOR will always have an important place in my heart. It was my first feature, too. I served as the film's producer.

COLD HARBOR was a personal work for Brandau, as the events fictionalized in the film are based on his real-life experiences with his brothers after their dad's suicide, when Brandau was about 20 years old.

I've prepared two articles on the film for this month, but have to edit them, so I'll post them when I've had time to proof read them and organize the photos, and more video. One article is about the casting and rehearsal process of four strangers coming to grips with playing brothers; the other is a general behind-the-scenes account, and working with my friend and collaborator Tom Brandau.

Meanwhile, here's a music video featuring clips from the film that Brandau made of the song Playing It Dead, by Mike Lane, that's used over the opening credits. Hope you like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment